Friday, July 11, 2014

Would You Like FRIES with That?


French fries are a nice side with certain dishes such as hamburgers, chicken wings, wraps...need I continue! Heading up to your local fast food restaurant is certainly not the best option.  Personally, fried foods don't sit well in my tummy, especially after my gallbladder was removed a couple years ago.  More importantly, it weighs me down and makes me feel sluggish.  Just because I want to put foods into my body that help it function properly as well as keep me fit and healthy, doesn't mean I don't REALLY enjoy food.  I have found a new appreciation for foods in their natural state and using other whole, healthy ingredients to exemplify the good flavor.

INGREDIENTS:
*1 lb. Golden (Yukon) potatoes- I purchased a 5 lb bag and just took 2 out of it
* 1Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
*1 Tbsp of dry Italian seasoning-I used Italian dressing seasoning
*1/2 tsp of garlic powder
*1/4 to 1/2 tsp of black pepper
*Sea Salt-sprinkled small amount over entire fries

Golden Yukon Potato

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2.  Wash potatoes and cut into strips. I won't lie, I watched a YouTube video for tips on this. LOL

   3. Place tin foil on a baking sheet and place fries on it. 
   4.  *Sprinkle the above ingredients over the potatoes.  Mix around on baking sheet to coat all fries.
 

   5.  Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  After about 10 minutes, flip fries over and finish baking until. 

*I had a hard time flipping the fries because they stuck to the tin foil, so I will try another method of baking.  I may season the fries on the tin foil; however, remove it before baking.  Another option may be to season in a bowl and place on baking sheet.

I separated these fries (about 30) into 4 servings.  This was a very filling amount to go along with my bun less burger and dinner salad.  :) The original recipe I found called for adding Parmesan cheese to them.  I tasted one out of the oven and decided they needed nothing else.  Play around with different seasonings you enjoy!

Happy Eating!!






No comments:

Post a Comment