Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Power of 21 Days

21 days, 3 weeks, is not a great deal of time; however, it is always said that habits are typically formed within that time frame.  I was quite curious to see what my body would do in that short period.  Going into the program, my main goals were to have a more balanced nutrition plan because protein and veggies were my weakest food links, as well as to continue to work on my abs.  I declared my goal to be "fierce abs."
It is so rewarding receiving these messages!


What is The 21 Day Fix?
It is a workout routine combined with portion control eating in order to achieve results.  I was so pumped to get my containers to make me more aware of what I should be eating.  We can overeat the good stuff too!! I am a visual learner, so the color coded containers are ideal for me.  

The meal plan is designed to fit a person's caloric needs, without the counting (Thank goodness!!), while being fueled with filling, clean, whole foods.  Each person will use a formula to calculate the appropriate containers for the day.  

The Workouts- ALL 30 Minutes- All include a Modifier 
There are 7 workouts; 1 per day for 21 days.  
1.  Total Body Cardio Fix- This works your WHOLE body while really raising your heart rate so your body reap the benefits long after the 30 minutes is over. 

Total Body Cardio Fix
2.  Upper Fix- This is meant to sculpt your chest, back, shoulders, arms, and abs
3.  Lower Fix- This works your largest muscles in your body (flutes, quads, hamstrings), which burn killer calories.
Lowe Fix- burned over 400 calories in 30 minutes
4. Pilates Fix- This Pilates style workout really engages the core while stretching out your muscles.
5.  Cardio Fix- Holy Moly! This gets your heart racing and gets your sweating! You do exercises such as jumping jacks and burpees 
All workouts have a modifier and due to an injury, I used them! Look at the calories I burned!!!
6.  Dirty 30- 4 rounds, 8 exercises, 30 minutes- DONE!
7.  Yoga- This is the workout I needed to learn to embrace more! It stretches and rests your body for the upcoming week's workouts.  It is much needed or your body and mind.  
Our youngest, Bristyn, joining me for my Sunday Yoga!
**8. Bonus-10 minute Ab Fix- Can't accomplish anything in 10 minutes!! Oh yes you can!!
This is an awesome 2 round routine of ab exercises that is a great addition to any workout.  

The Meal Plan
I was told by one of my challengers that she would follow this meal plan for the rest of her life! I have to agree with her.  Although I am starting to incorporate some PiYo into my exercise regimen, this meal plan is what I will continue to follow because it is so easy to incorporate into your life.  
Once you determine what container category you fall into, you fill and go!  These containers are dishwasher and microwave safe.  I often take them on the go with me; however, as you get acclimated to the program, you will have a great sense of what the correct portion of food is.  

Each food category has its own color with an extensive list of healthy to healthiest options given.  (healthiest at the top) 
Green-Veggies
Purple- Fruit
Red-Protein
Yellow-Carbs (Yes, Carbs!!)
Blue- Healthy Fats (mmm...cheese!)
Orange- seeds, oils, dressings
Tsp- not provided but used in the plan for certain things such as peanut butter

It is great to be a part of an accountability group to be given tips and recipes to use that follow the container guidelines.  
Grass Fed Steak, Romaine Lettuce Blend, Dressing, and Mashed Potatoes
My goal wasn't to lose weight.  I actually lost 2.5 lbs. the first week and was down 3.5 lbs in 12 days.  The cool thing about this program is that I was able to adjust my containers so that I was able to maintain my healthy figure as opposed to continue to lose.  I lost all the weight, and then some, by eating clean, drinking Shakeology daily, and using T25!! I STILL enjoy my Shakeology daily. :)
Even after my adjustments, I still ended up 2 lbs. lighter than when I started, but more importantly, I lost 4 inches off my entire body!! 
It is so rewarding to see how this program has affected people I have coached.  
Proud Coach Moment
Would you like to be a part of my next accountability group? Do you need the support of others to keep you accountable to your goals? Fill out the application to join my next 21 Day Fix Challenge group starting July 14!












Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment