Thursday, July 3, 2014

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

It is important to treat yourself every once in a while.  Completely restricting oneself from certain foods isn't what it is about. It is great when that treat is not only delicious, but healthy! I found this recipe for chocolate chip cookies a while back.  As the BBQ and picnic season is upon, this is a nice dessert option to bring.





Ingredients: This made 9 cookies. 

(Plenty for the family).  I will be make a double or triple batch to bring to an upcoming party.
*2/3 cups of almonds (raw almonds are the best)
*1/3 cupped of cooked PLAIN oatmeal
*3 Tbsp of honey
*1 tsp of vanilla
*1 tsp of cinnamon
*1/8 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
*1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I used Nestle Dark Chocolate Chips-mmm.)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2.  Cook plain oatmeal in microwave.
My little chef prepping oatmeal for the microwave.

3.  Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips into blender. I used the "mix" feature.  
*The next time I make this recipe, I will chop the almonds first to make sure there aren't chunks; although, I LOVE chunks of almond. YUMMY! 
**The dough should be a wet, sticky consistency.

4.  Add ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips.

5.  Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and form dough into a ball.

6.  Cook for 20 minutes. 

These are moist cookies that hit the spot!!! 
FIXERS: 2 cookies= 1 YELLOW :)

No comments:

Post a Comment