Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas


Chicken is a go to option for us. I know it is better than red meat options, so I have been trying to make some new recipes to share with my family. My husband LOVES Mexican food.  Chicken..mmm...spices..mmm...cheese...mmm...sour cream...mmm- delicious
I have been finding it easier and easier to make traditional, enjoyable meals with healthier ingredient options.

INGREDIENTS:
*Whole grain tortillas-I used Aladdin's whole grain tortillas-My recipe made 4
*Chicken- I used chicken breast tenders- split a package- used 3 of them for this recipe (other 2 from this half of package used for my salad and the dog :) 
*16 oz. can of red enchilada sauce (only use about half of it)
*1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
*1/2 tsp of chili powder
*1/4 tsp of black pepper
*1 cup of shredded cheddar
* 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt 

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook your chicken accordingly. I cooked the 5 chicken breast tenders for about 30 minutes.
3.  Put the chicken in a medium sized bowl and mix in the spices. 

4. Add 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce, 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Mix well.

5. Add some of the mixture to the middle of the tortilla and roll up. 
6. Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
7. To prevent the tortillas from becoming soggy, broil the enchiladas for about 10 minutes (I did it on HI) before putting them in the crock pot.
8. Add the tortillas to the crock pot, seam down.

9. Combine the other 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt in a bowl. It should not be very thick.
10. Pour it over the top of the tortillas. Add some extra shredded cheese. 

11. Cook on low for about 2 hours.

FIXERS: One yellow, One blue, and One red (chicken and Greek yogurt)

Happy Eating!
XoXo
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment