Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Avocado Quesadilla



SO, it has been a while since I've tried a new recipe. Honestly, I am a creature of habit and can eat the same thing over and over again. It makes my meal planning and grocery shopping easier. :) My husband has been making some health changes over the last 5 weeks. He has always pretty much embraced my dinners since they are what he is familiar with -sloppy joes, chili, burgers, fries, mac n' cheese, taco casserole, steak, chicken...just made with better ingredients, BUT he is NOT a fan of eating the same thing OVER and OVER again. Me, LEFTOVERS make me so happy! No prep, just heat, and the dishes are already done from when it was originally prepared!!

I went searching for some different recipes for this week's meal plan, and we tried the first one yesterday. AMAZING! and SIMPLE!!!

This only took about 10 minutes to prep and cook!

INGREDIENTS:
*Whole grain wrap or pita- I used Aladdin's whole wheat pita-few ingredients :)
*1/2 avocado per quesadilla
*tomato
*onion
*spices of choice- I used garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper
*shredded mozzarella
*OPTIONAL - chicken (which we used- had leftover from rotisserie the night before and always need more protein :)
*OPTIONAL- salsa and Greek yogurt for dipping

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Spread avocado on your wrap/pita.
2. Add tomatoes, onion, spices, and optional chicken

3. Top it off with cheese
4. Spray a pan with cooking spray and fold wrap/pita in half.
5. Brown on both sides. I enjoy mine crispier whereas my husband doesn't, so just cook until your quesadilla is how you like it!
6. Serve with salsa and Greek yogurt ( for sour cream substitute) for added flavor!

We enjoyed ours with a salad as well. This was packed with veggies, protein, healthy fat, and great carbs!

FIXERS: 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 red (including Greek yogurt), and little bit of green with tomato and onion. 


Happy Eating!
XoXo
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment