Monday, May 11, 2015

Balsamic Chicken



This past week, I tried out 3 new recipes that were ALL winners!! Chicken can certainly be boring, but this recipe added amazing flavor. My concern with cooking chicken is it being dry. That certainly did not happen with this recipe. It was very flavorful and juicy. Per usual, Bristyn devoured it. :)

INGREDIENTS: *I kept the ingredients the same for my recipe even though original used 4 chicken breasts*
*Chicken breasts ( I used 2 for my husband & I and our toddlers)
*1/2 tsp of sea salt
*1/2 tsp of black pepper
*3 tsp of minced garlic
*1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
*3/4 low sodium chicken broth
*1/4 tsp dry thyme


INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray.
2. Season chicken with salt & pepper.
3.  Add the chicken and saute on medium high until one side is brown. 
4. Add the garlic and flip chicken.
5. After cooking on the other side for about 3 minutes, add the balsamic vinegar, broth, and thyme.
6. Cover and continue cook on medium low for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove chicken and serve with you favorite side.

**You could continue to cook the sauce uncovered, once chicken is removed, for about 6 minutes and pour over chicken. 

*We enjoyed ours with mashed potatoes and our nightly dinner salad.


*Fixers: My portion was 1 RED!! :)
I paired it with 1 yellow of mashed potatoes and my 3 portions of veggies!

Happy Eating!!
XoXo
Kynslee




No comments:

Post a Comment