Friday, May 22, 2015

ZUCCHINI Sea Salt & Garlic Chips





Yep, you read that correctly! This delicious chips are made from ZUCCHINI! Zucchini isn't a typical food that I eat. It is a type of summer squash so adding it to my "to eat list" is beneficial because it gives me other "green container" (Fix Lingo) or vegetable options to eat!!

Who doesn't like a good crunch, right?! When I think chips, I immediately equate that to carbs!! This is such a great option to add some additional veggies to your day and fight that chip craving.


INGREDIENTS:
*Zucchini ( I only could find a baby one last night BUT will get a larger one next time)
*Olive oil
*Sea Salt
*Garlic Powder 

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 225 Degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I sprayed parchment paper with olive oil cooking spray too.
3. Cut the zucchini. A mandolin slicer would be awesome for this to get an ideal thickness, but I don't have one. I just used a knife. :)
3. Put slices on a paper towel and dab them to extract excess water to help with baking process.

4. Place slices on the baking tray making sure not to overlap them so they all cook evenly.
5. Spread olive oil over each slice using basting brush.

6. Sprinkle a SMALL amount of sea salt and garlic powder. *DON'T over season before baking. You can add extra seasoning when you are ready to eat them!
7. Cook for 2+ hours (until your desired CRUNCH)
8. Store in an air tight container for no more than 3 days. You won't have a problem eating them before that time!!

*FIXERS- I would fill up a green container with the zucchini BEFORE baking them to get an accurate portion size of how many you should eat. 

Happy Snacking!!
XoXo 
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment