Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Bruschetta Chicken



I don't know about you, but plain old chicken just doesn't do it for me! I need to jazz it up to really enjoy it! This recipe is a delicious mix of spices and oils that hit the spot! Our youngest begged for seconds, and when I was going to give a small piece I had left, because I was full, to the dog, my husband quickly stopped me and snagged it!!!


INGREDIENTS:





Salsa Topping:
Roma tomatoes-de-seed and cut (I used 3, but 2 would be plenty for 2 chicken breasts)
*1 tbsp. of olive oil
*1/2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
*1 tbsp. of basil - I used basil flakes 
*Sea salt-sprinkled it in there
*black pepper-sprinkled it in there
*1.5 cloves of minced garlic

Chicken Breasts:
*Chicken breasts (This was made with 2, so adjust ingredients as needed).
*1/2 tbsp oregano
*1/2 tbsp basil
*1/4 tsp.  thyme
*1/2 tsp chopped parsley
*1 1/2  tbsp lemon juice
*1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
*1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
*1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
*1/8 tsp of sea salt




**Shredded mozzarella to put on top of chicken breast when cooking.

***You can play around with the amount of spices and oil. 

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2.Mix all the salsa ingredients in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
3.  Mix all the chicken ingredients in a ziplock back and mix it around to cover the chicken. 
4. Marinate for at least an hour before cooking.
4. Put in a dish. I sprayed it with cooking spray first.
5. Add chicken breasts and cook for 30-40 minutes covered.

I served ours with mashed potatoes and salad. YUM!! See ya boring chicken!!

FIXERS: 1 red for chicken, 1 blue for cheese, and little green for tomatoes!

Happy Eating!
XoXo
Kynslee


No comments:

Post a Comment