Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Cookie Dough Deliciousness

I work at an ice cream shoppe- Honey Hut! They are known for their amazing ice cream treats, so I always get the question, "How do you not eat it all the time?!" I used to leave my Sunday shift with one of their amazing raspberry bars-their divine raspberry ice cream covered in dark chocolate! mmm!! I realized that eating it all the time just wasn't good for me. I enjoy it a couple times a year. :) Have you ever worked in the food industry? Being around it often and scooping it all night long, tends to keep me away from it, BUT this here healthy TREAT really helps the most!!

I eat this EVERY DAY!! (not with the dark chocolate chips as pictured here-this was for my oldest daughter).  This is the way I end each day. It is like eating a dessert that won't pack on the unwanted calories and is made with awesome ingredients. 

INGREDIENTS:
*Non fat plain and/or Greek yogurt 
*cinnamon
*natural PB
**optional-honey

DIRECTIONS:
1. Portion out your yogurt in a bowl. Mine usually consists of one (red Fix container) of plain nonfat yogurt and another of nonfat Greek(not a fan of the thickness of Greek unless I use it as sour cream ;)
2. Add as much cinnamon as you would like. In the FIX world, this is a FREE food!
3. Add NATURAL PB ( I use Target's brand-cheapest I have found!!) 2 tsp. is a proper portion- I suck at this!
4. Add optional honey for added sweetness (no more than a tsp. ) and dark chocolate chips-keep it to no more than 10.

I will fully admit I USE way TOO much PB in it. It is my main nutritional weakness! I LOVE PB!! I've eliminated adding the dark chocolate chips on most days, unless I am using it as a treat, because I went overboard on those for a while. :) 

This just hits the sweet spot! The creaminess of the yogurt mixed with the sweetness of the PB is just an amazing combo!! 

Happy trEating!!
XoXo 
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment