Thursday, March 19, 2015

Healthy Taco Casserole





Holy Guacamole! This was AMAZING! I am always super excited when I make something that my husband enjoys. He and Kynsten are by far the pickiest eaters in this house. I seriously LOVE eating, and when I can make something that is delicious but also nutritious, I get really excited!!! My husband took more than his serving, BUT there is still enough for leftovers! YES!!

INGREDIENTS:
*1 lb. ground turkey
*1 small onion, chopped 
* Plain Greek  yogurt
*Taco seasoning packet ( I just used store bought)
*8 oz. jar of taco sauce (store bought)
*shredded cheddar
*toppings of choice- I used romaine lettuce & roma tomatoes- totally having guacamole on hand next time!
* Package of whole grain hard taco shells

INSTRUCTIONS: (makes 6 servings)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown the turkey with the onions and drain.
3. Add water ( I used 3/4 cup) and taco seasoning to turkey and combine.

4. Add the taco sauce and stir.


5. Take a baking dish and add crushed up taco shells to the bottom & then layer meat, Greek yogurt, and cheese (small amount).

6. Repeat step *5 three times finishing with meat, yogurt, &  cheese on top
7. Bake for 15 minutes and garnish with toppings.

I had a bed of romaine lettuce on my plate and then took a portion and put it on top. I added tomatoes! It was a nice way to get my dinner veggies without eating my typical salad.

FIXERS: 1 red (meat & yogurt), 1 yellow (taco shell), 1 blue (cheese), and 2 greens (lettuce, tomato, onions) will vary based on your toppings

HAPPY EATING!!
XoXo
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment