Monday, November 3, 2014

Living the Lifestyle Throughout the Holidays and Beyond

Gobble! Gobble!! It is hard to believe that it is November, & we will be celebrating our blessings at the end of the month.  I am hosting it again for my husband's side of the family and look forward to turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes!!

I started my first accountability group the week of Thanksgiving! I know people thought I was crazy. It lasted through New Years. Even though I was at various parties with treats, sweets, and lots of good eats, I achieved my goals!!
15 lbs. and 14.75 inches off my body FOREVER!

These are my 60 day results utilizing Focus T25, clean eating, and Shakeology! The support from my accountability group also went toward my success. It truly was vital to it!

The thing is, I NEVER felt like I was missing out on anything!! I ate turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. I drank beer on New Years and munched on some pizza! How in the world did I get results then? I followed the 80/20 rule: eat clean, whole and healthy foods, 80% of the time & treats 20% of the time. It came down to planning really.  I kept my Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years schedules the same as all the other days except the ONE meal I would be eating for the holiday celebration.  I didn't feel guilty when I treated either because I firmly believe that it is a part of the success! We all need treats. :)
New Years- Enjoying Drinks & Food with Friends
I've continued to have success because it is a lifestyle to me. I don't choose days that I am going to eat healthy whole foods and exercise; rather, it is a routine that I maintain because I see and FEEL the benefits of it.
You truly have so many options of great foods & with portion control servings, you WILL get results!
It really only took me about 3 weeks or so to get into the habit of changing my food choices. Exercise  has always been the easy for me. It's typically the easy part for everyone. It's the kitchen that tends to trip people up, BUT it doesn't have to be that way. With a flexible, easy to follow guide, and a group to offer support and suggestions for foods and recipes, eating healthy is a really rewarding and enjoyable thing.


Because this is a lifestyle, it becomes a part of your daily routine. You continue to have lunches with friends, attend and host birthday parties, and have weekends away with the girls or your family! Do I eat cupcakes? YEP! I just don't eat them at every party I go to. Do I eat pizza? Oh yeah, about once a month!! Yep, I eat what people call "normal" foods! My "normal" is the good stuff that doesn't contain all the garbage additives & preservatives!( @ least 80% of the time ;) 
Girls' Weekend- PIB, May 2014- I packed foods that I was used to- whole wheat pasta, natural PB, yogurt, Ezekiel bread, & eggs, BUT indulged in some drinks and some treats. :)


                           
                                      Bristyn had 2 first birthday parties! I chose to have a cupcake @ only one of the parties!
Do you struggle to stay on track?! Do you feel like you have ONE bad day and call it quits? Join my next accountability group! 21 days, 30 minute workouts, portion control eating, Shakeology, & daily support and motivation!!Fill out the application to reserve your spot for the November 17 group!





Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment