Friday, November 21, 2014

I Get Knocked Down, but I'll Get Up Again


Surgery #2 this year


Here I am preparing for another surgery. It certainly has been ONE thing after ANOTHER this year. Since February, I have been at some doctor’s appointment weekly. That has sadly been a great deal of my “me” time this year.  Am I angry? NOPE… Am I stronger? YEP!

Sitting back and reflecting on it, I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for the amazing support of my husband, family, & friends. They are certainly a constant in my life; however, what I really find interesting is that the issues that needed to be taken care of this year would have been DRASTICALLY postponed if I was following the traditional career path that I was a couple years ago. I often think God waited until now to plop this stuff on me because He knows I am stronger than ever mentally.

I have been at the mercy of the doctor’s schedules all year, and without the flexibility of my schedule, I KNOW that I would have had to deal with the continuous pain until Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even summer break!

Beachbody has kept me grounded and focused this year. I am POSITIVE that if it wasn’t for my involvement with this company and the amazing people who are a part of it, I would have let my goals go. I would have waved the white flag MONTHS ago.  If I gave up on myself, I certainly would have forgotten about others’ goals and aspirations.

So I don’t work a 9-5 job! I don’t check in with a boss to tell me what I should or shouldn’t be doing. I do however work when it best suits me, typically in the morning for a bit after my workout and some time while the kids nap. I do have virtual meetings with others in the Beachbody organization so that we can motivate one another and give tips and strategies to help grow our businesses.

I didn’t go to college for business, but I was raised to help people and to encourage other peoples’ dreams!! I am used to following a traditional plan, staying inside of the box, and following someone else’s rules. It’s hard for me to do nontraditional things, but at the same time, I felt restricted when I was.

So in a weird way, I am grateful for all of this craziness that has happened to me this year because God has certainly surrounded me with some kick butt people, many of which I have never met, but support me wholeheartedly.


Don’t knock it until you try it. ;)

Want to talk more about this coaching thing I do?! Fill out the application below.

Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment