Thursday, June 19, 2014

Abs are made in the Kitchen

When I started my transformation just over a year ago, I had no idea what Shaun T was talking about in the Insanity workouts when he said I will feel it in my obliques! Other than the pounds I packed on during my second pregnancy,  I didn't see much of anything, let alone feel any of those abdominal muscles working.

When I started getting rid of the junk from my meals (mostly-I am human and believe it is important to incorporate a treat meal each week), I started hearing my coach and other coaches discuss the idea of "Abs are made in the kitchen." I used to believe the misconception of "work out all the time so I  could stuff my face with hamburgers, pizza, diet pop, and candy." Little did I know, that it was quite the opposite.  Work out as little as 25-30 minutes a day and eat clean, whole foods like a baby, every 2.5-3 hours, and my body will change, and I will be healthy.  I truly believe what I teach those in my accountability groups: Fitness is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise!!

That 20% was taken from me just about a month ago.  My OT told me to stop my interval based workouts and go back to the basics-walking.  I have some compressed nerves, and I found out yesterday after a chiropractor took some X-rays, that my left and right side of my body are very unaligned,and because of that, nerves are being hit and pinched causing pain, tingling, and numbness from my head to my toes on my left side. Eek! I panicked when I heard that I couldn't keep up with my typical 21 Day Fix, T25, and then TurboFire regimen because I LOVE how I feel when I work out.  It energizes me and reminds me of the importance of fueling my body with great, natural foods that don't contain all the preservatives and additives.  My friends, other coaches, and challengers, reminded me about the 80/20 rule I teach.  Truthfully, it has been a bit harder to stay on track with the meal plans when I am just getting in some walks, bike rides, and now wall squats.; however, I remind myself of how far I have come, and how I feel to take me away from my kids' fish crackers or other treats I know won't help me achieve my goals.  I am now getting treatment from a chiropractor and was given additional core exercises by my PT to help strengthen my muscles and keep "things" in place when I am fully adjusted.  

I've lost a little definition, BUT I know I will get it back and attain more as I continue to gain exercise freedom as my treatment persists.  My clothes feel amazing, and I know that is a fantastic measure of progress.  Honestly I haven't weighed myself since before I started TurboFire, and that number won't define me anyway.  
I am proud of where my health and fitness journey has brought me so far.  I know what Shaun T is talking about with feeling different ab muscles now although I have scars and marks from pregnancies and surgeries.  These marks are a part of my journey, just as this exercise setback is as well.  So, just because you hit a roadblock, it doesn't mean you have to give up on your goals! 

So although, exercise only makes up 20% of that fitness equation, it is vital to have in order to accomplish goals one has, and to intensify the results that are seen from the nutrition aspect. I mean, 80%, is average, it's a C really, and I want to be extraordinary with my health, so I am excited to ease back into it with PiYo that launches this evening. The low impact, but high intensity movements will surely be good for my joints and getting back into my routine.  It is ONLY available from a coach when it first launches for a period of time.   Join my test group that starts July 7!! Fill out the application below.  



Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment