Monday, March 16, 2015

Garlic Butter Sauce & White Pizza


PIZZA! I could eat pizza every day! This is the one food, that although I know isn't great for me, I continue to eat. :) I allow myself one treat meal a week, and it is most often pizza! I've made healthier versions of pizza before, BUT this new recipe I made over the weekend is by far the best of them all! Mmm! Now I enjoy traditional pizza, BUT white pizza with that garlic sauce has been a favorite of mine as well. This was a nice Lent option for Friday, which I ended up eating Saturday as well. :)

INGREDIENTS:
*Alladin's whole wheat pita ( I have located them at Giant Eagle and Marc's)
*shredded cheese of choice
*toppings of choice
*1/3 cup of butter
* 1 clove minced garlic
*1/4 tablespoon of dried basil
*2 teaspoons of dried oregano

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Take the butter and melt in a saucepan.
2. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or 2. 
3. Add the basil and oregano. 

4. Take pita and rub sauce on it.
5. Put in pan and put on medium heat.
6. Add cheese and other toppings. (I used onion and green peppers)

7. Cook until cheese is melted. You will have a nice, crisp pita.

I ate it with a salad. It was SO good! The recipe for the sauce lasted me 3 pizzas. When you put it in the refrigerator, it will harden. I microwaved it for about 15 seconds. The first use it was very runny, but the cook time in the microwave allows you to vary the consistency. I liked keeping it a little thicker and then it melted as it cooked. 

FIXERS: 1 yellow (pita), 1 orange (sauce), 1/2 blue (cheese), and little green (toppings)


Happy Eating! 
XoXo 
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment