Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pizza Popover


There are days where I just don't want to cook, and yesterday was one of them. My husband's brother passed away Sunday night, and all I really wanted to do is order a pizza. I knew that pizza wasn't going to cause our sadness to go away, so I reminded myself of that and the fact that I can't control everything in this life, but I can control this choice. Ben LOVED food, so I made it for him. <3

INGREDIENTS:
*1 lb of meat of choice- I used ground chicken; however, chicken sausage would be awesome too
*2 cups of pizza sauce
*a package of shredded mozzarella
*1 cup of milk
*2 eggs
*1 cup of whole wheat flour

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Brown/cook your meat in a skillet and drain excess fat.
3. Add the pizza sauce and bring to a boil.
4. Add the meat to a greased 13X9 baking pan.

5. Sprinkle the cheese over the meat.
6. In a bowl, mix the egg, milk, and flour. Make sure to mix it very well.

7. Pour the mixture over the meat and cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes.


*Serve with a side of vegetables or a salad

This hit the spot for that desire to eat pizza and paired with a salad, it was quite filling!

FIXERS: I counted it as 1 RED and 1 Yellow container and PART of a BLUE container. 

Happy Eating!
XoXO 
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment