Thursday, January 22, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup


Chicken Parmesan is a favorite dish of mine. Chicken, noodles, sauce, cheese-Mmm! This cold weather makes me crave soup as well. Being able to just put some ingredients in the crock pot and do what I need to do is pretty awesome.

INGREDIENTS:
*3 minced garlic cloves
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 (14.5 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
*1/2 RAW chicken breasts ( I buy chicken breast tenders and break them up into packs of 3-4) I used one of the packs. 
* 3 cups of chicken broth ( I used low sodium.) **I added extra cup at the end.
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
*1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese **extra need to garnish
*1 Tbsp. of basil
* 2 tsp. of oregano 
* 1/8 tsp. of red pepper flakes
*4 oz. of UNCOOKED pasta ( I used whole grain penne)


INSTRUCTIONS:
1. In your crock pot, add and mix together all the ingredients EXCEPT the noodles and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3 1/2. 

2. After 7 hours, remove the chicken and shred it.
3. Return chicken to crockpot and add the UNCOOKED pasta. Cook on high for 30 minutes. 
4. Add extra chicken broth if you feel the consistency is too thick once noodles have been added.
5. Serve garnished with parmesan cheese.

FIXERS: I filled a green container as my portion size and deducted ONE red and ONE yellow container per the guide on Pg. 72. 

This went really well with a salad. I was quite full after this meal. My daughters actually enjoyed some of the chicken that I shredded as part of their meal. Since they are not quite 2 and 4, soup would be a bit of a challenge; however, they enjoyed the whole grain noodles and chicken separately. :) 

Happy Eating!!
XoXo
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment