Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pizza! Pizza !! Crock Pot Pizza Casserole

Pizza may very well be my favorite food! I would say 9/10 times when I enjoy my treat meal, it is pizza from our favorite local place called Casamel's Pizza. Mmm!!!  When I was searching for new recipes, I immediately stopped when I saw PIZZA written in the title! Now, I am well aware that eating pizza every day won't get me closer to my goals, BUT if I can have some variation of it daily, I'd be down! :)

INGREDIENTS:
*1 lb. of ground chicken (or any other meat "topping" you would like) I will use turkey sausage next time! :)
*1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
* 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
*1/2 cupped chopped onion
*1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
*28 oz. can of tomato sauce
*2 tsp. of italian seasoning. I use this recipe to make my own.
*1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes
* 2 cup of uncooked whole wheat/grain noodles ( I used rotini)

**You could also add mushrooms if you like.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cook your meat of choice until it is browned.

2. While doing that, chop your onion and green pepper, and add them to the crock pot.
My little chefs adding the onions and green peppers.

3. Add all the ingredients, other than the noodles, to the crock pot.
4. Once meat has browned, add that to the crock pot as well and stir. 
5. Cook on LOW for 4 hours. 

6. When ready to eat, cook pasta per directions, and add it to the crock pot. 
7. Stir and serve.

I've talked about how picky my husband is when it comes to food many times in posts!! He enjoyed it and actually took leftovers to work this morning!! Our oldest daughter, Kynsten, at least did 2 bites of it, while Bristyn, our youngest daughter, ate her WHOLE bowl and then some. 
We paired it with a salad, which was a nice complement to the dish.
I actually scooped some out prior to adding the noodles to the rest of the dish for me. I wanted some of my yummy popcorn last night, so I skipped the carbs at dinner. :)


 FIXERS: If you are eating with the noodles, I would portion it out in a green container and count it as 1 red and 2 yellow. I counted my portion as 1 red.


Happy Eating!!
XoXo
Kynslee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment