Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Shape Your Body in 25 minutes a Day: Focus T25


Throughout my entire second pregnancy(Bristyn born 3/21/2013), I was concerned with getting back to my pre pregnancy weight.  After our first daughter Kynsten was born on March 30, 2011, I went quickly into calorie counting mode.  I eventually lost a good amount of weight before getting pregnant again.  As I started Focus T25, which was recommended to me by my mentor coach, Kirsten Nuss, because I wanted to lose more weight plus build ab muscles back that I lost with the pregnancies, I learned that I didn't have to spend hours a day feeling good about myself again.

Over the 10 week period of utilizing T25, eating clean, and enjoying Shakeology daily, I lost 15 lbs. and 14.75 inches! I was especially proud because I committed to this challenge for myself as well as helping others through my journey.  I made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day with mostly following my meal plan and incorporating some treats :) (It's a lifestyle-It's about real life-that's why it works!)  That is when I really understood the life I was leading truly was a LIFESTYLE, not a diet or a fad.
Christmas Eve Morning Workout
I remember pushing especially hard on Christmas Eve morning.  I had just taken my 30 days stats and was astounded.  I was changing my life in a healthy way.  I wasn't writing down all the calories I ate.  I didn't restrict myself from certain food groups, and I even had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal(good old portion sizes helped).
At this point in the challenge, habits were set, and with the accountability of my challenge group, I was meeting and really exceeding goals or expectations I set forth before starting.  

The Workouts:
Focus T25 is set up into two phases: alpha and beta.  The alpha phase lays down the foundation.  All the workouts are able to be modified by following Tania (Familiar face for me since she was a rockstar in the Insanity workout I did before this). The beta phase kicks it up a notch, and by the time alpha is complete, I can honestly say you are ready for a bigger challenge. 

Alpha Workouts:
*All workouts are 25 minutes followed by a brief 2-3 minute necessary and vital cool down period.
1. Cardio:The only equipment used is YOU! It is a progressive cardio workout that continuously ramps up your heart rate for some a serious calorie burn. 
2.  Speed 1.0:  There is no equipment needed in this fast-paced workout that helps with speed while focusing on stretching, stability, and working up a great sweat! This is the foundation for the speed exercise.  There is Speed 2.0 in Beta. (My favorite). 
3.  Total Body Circuit: Holy Moly! This was such an amazingly intense workout.  I won't lie, it pushed my body to its limits, which is why is is so awesome.  I didn't need any weights to rock this cardio-based strength workout.  I am sweating just thinking about it!
Alpha Total Body Circuit and Lower Body
4.  Ab Intervals: My tummy always has and continues to be my target area! 2 c-sections later has definitely left its mark on my midsection, so I absolutely appreciated the core workout that was interval-based.  Doing moves in short, intense intervals has been proven to be very affective.

5.  Lower Focus: Many people don't pay much attention to their lower body;however, this target area really ramps up a person's metabolism.  The 25 minutes of sculpting the muscles from the waist down really keeps the calories burning for a long time after it is done!
6.  *Stretch: Beachbody's miniMAT is recommended for this workout.  I actually used a yoga mat. This is actually in both the Alpha and Beta phase.  Although there is a necessary cool down at the end of each workout, it is important that one day each week, there is a lengthier stretch routine to get the muscles ready for the week a head! After 5 days of working your body hard, you will surely enjoy this!!


Beta Workouts:
Once the foundation has been established for the first 5 weeks in Alpha, you head on over to the Beta phase!
1.  Core Cardio: This is a combination of cardio and your core!! LOVE this combo! You will definitely sense that you stepped it up a notch from Alpha after completing this 25 minutes. No equipment needed
2.  Speed 2.0: This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE T25 workout.  It seemed to go SO fast.  I know that 25 minutes isn't a long time to begin with; however, it seemed liked it was half that amount of time.  Shaun T picks up the pace from Speed 1.0 and even adds some new moves to it. I really liked how the moves were repeated in segments.  The first was the shortest, and then the others got a little longer, using the same moves.  I felt really comfortable with the moves once finished! 
3.  Rip't Circuit: This is the counterpart to Total Body Circuit.  I enjoyed this one more than total body.  It was cardio, upper body, legs, and abs in full force with the use of Resistance Bands (came with my challenge pack) or Dumbbells.  When I complete these workouts in the future, I will use Dumbbells because I feel the band felt a little restrictive with some of the moves.  It is good to have a mat handy as well. 
4.  Dynamic Core: This is an AWESOME core workout! You will be doing standing abs as well as ab work on the floor (Have that mat handy!). 
Crazy calories burned in 25 minutes!!
5.  Upper Focus: I couldn't do a push-up for the life of me when I was completing Insanity. In all honesty, It wasn't until the last 3 weeks or so of T25 that I could do some off of my knees! Focusing on my upper body was never a priority; however, when I started seeing definition in my arms and how they looked in shirts,  I was sold on the benefits of it for sure.  Dumbbells or Resistance Bands as well as a Mat are used in this workout.

6. *Stretch: See Alpha workouts -Same :)

Schedule:
This is a 10 week program.  The first 5 weeks are the Alpha phase and then it is followed by 5 weeks of Beta.  Each week, there is a set workout each day to complete as noted in a calendar.  
Monday-Thursday: 25 minutes each day
Friday: Double Day! 2, 25 minutes workouts 
Over 1,000 calories burned!!!

Saturday: REST DAY- It is nice how it falls on a weekend
Sunday: Stretch

Getting fit in minutes a day is possible! I am proof! Check out these hot moms who did as well!

It was very helpful to go on this journey with other people who were completing T25 as well.  The support and accountability are priceless.  We kept each other on track with food and workouts and discussed our successes and struggles daily! 

Would you like to join an accountability group? 











Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment