Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Blender Muffins

So, I pretty much eat the same thing every morning for breakfast, which I LOVE to do. I thrive on consistency. I enjoy some old fashioned or quick oats and some fruit. It's a great way for me to refuel after a sweaty workout!
I ran a FREE group last week with some other coach friends(happening monthly by the way!), and we encourage people to participate and be engaged in order to get the most out of the week. My good friend, Natalie, was really involved and shared a bunch of recipes she was enjoying throughout the week with her family.
It is fun to find recipes and see how they work for YOU! This easy recipe keeps my breakfast that much easier-12 muffins=12 meals with a little side of fruit :) Granted our youngest can't get enough of them, so it is an easy, healthy breakfast option for her as well!

INGREDIENTS: 

*2 cups of oats (quick or old fashioned)
*2 large very ripe bananas
*2 large eggs
* 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
*2-3 Tbsp of honey
*1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
*1/2 tsp of baking soda
*1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
*1/8 tsp of sea salt
*whatever add ins you'd like-no more than 1/2 cup or so- we had dark chocolate chips on hand, but I would love to try them with blueberries as my friend did (nuts perhaps)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Add cupcake liners to your pan. Make sure to lightly grease them with olive oil cooking spray (I forgot that part!)
3. Take all the ingredients, EXCEPT the add-ins and put in blender. Mix until the oats have broken down and the batter is smooth. Our blender ($20) is terrible! Ha! It took a little more effort with it. It is only used for my daily Shakeology usually. :)

4. Put batter in a bowl and mix in add-in ingredients.

5. Fill the cupcake liners, no more than 3/4 of the way.
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the "toothpick test" checks out!

This would be such a great option to make when having family over for brunch. You can even have them for an on-the-go breakfast or snack option!


FIXERS: 1 YELLOW :)


Happy Eating!
XoXo
Kynslee







No comments:

Post a Comment