Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Enchilada Noodle Bake


I usually have a picture of the final product plated, but I must have been really hungry ( or tired) because I forgot, ha!


Another day...Another new recipe :) Two new recipes in a row is pretty good for me. It is nice to see my family enjoying delicious, healthy food! Our 2 year old, who typically eats everything in sight, is going through a bit of a phase it seems and not eating much of it, BUT our usually picky 4 year old has eaten her entire bowl for the last 2 evenings. Perhaps one day they will both be on the same page. :) My husband scarfed down his portion of it before moving on to his dinner salad.

INGREDIENTS:
*12 oz of whole grain egg noodles
* 6 oz of nonfat, plain Greek yogurt, divided
*10 oz of red enchilada sauce
*2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese blend (reduced-fat preferred), divided
*2 cups of frozen corn
*1 lb lean ground turkey
* 1/2 cup of diced onion
2 tsp of minced garlic
1 Tbsp of chili powder
*1 tsp of cumin
*1/2 tsp of sea salt
*1/2 tsp of pepper
**optional ingredients: avocado and extra Greek yogurt

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray( I use olive oil spray) a 9x13 pan.
2. Cook the noodles according to the directions.

3. In a LARGE bowl ( you don't think you need a big one now, but will need it later!), mix 2 oz (about 4 Tbsp) of Greek yogurt, enchilada sauce, 1 cup of cheese, and corn.

4. In a pan, cook the turkey for about 8 minutes and drain fat. Add the onion and minced garlic. Cook until onions are tender. Add the the spices and remaining yogurt. Mix until yogurt evenly coats the turkey.
5. Take the large bowl and add the turkey and noodles to it, combining all of the ingredients well.

6. Pour it into you lightly greased pan . Top it with the remaining cheese.
7. Cook for about 15 minutes.
**8. You can add chopped avocado and Greek yogurt to the top as we did!

THIS MAKES A TON!!! I am giving some to my brother and sister-in-law to enjoy! We will have some leftovers later in the week. :)

Fixers: I counted it as ONE red, ONE blue, and 2 YELLOWS- I used the green container as my portion size. :)

Happy Eating!
XoXo 
Kynslee 








No comments:

Post a Comment