Friday, November 20, 2015

Chili Mac



Pleasing my husband and kids (2 1/2 & 4 1/2) is not an easy task when it comes to food. I am proud of the changes my husband has made with some of his eating habits, and impressed by the girls' willingness to try new things.

This recipe requires very little time, so that is one reason I really enjoyed it. :) I was able to have it cooking on the stove top while cleaning up some dishes that were used.

INGREDIENTS:
* 1 lb of ground turkey
* 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
*1 tablespoon of onion powder
*1 tablespoon of cumin
* 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon of chili powder ( I actually forgot to add this :) 
* 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
* 1 tsp of coriander
* 15 oz can of tomato sauce (low sodium preferred)
* Whole grain/wheat elbow macaroni, cooked ( I used about 3/4-1 cup uncooked)
*sea salt to taste
* parmesan cheese to garnish if you desire

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Add oil to large pot and cook ground turkey until it is about halfway cooked.
2.  Add all the spices. 
3. When meat is fully cooked, add the other ingredients. 
4. Garish with parmesan cheese if desired (we didn't)

**The sweetness of the cinnamon is just perfect in this recipe! 

FIXERS: I counted it as 2 yellows and 1 red :)


I asked Kynsten what she wanted for dinner tonight, and she pointed to this! Win in my book! 
I am sort of in this phase of just adding stuff on top of my salad. No need for dressing that way and makes plain old romaine lettuce that much better!


Happy Eating!
XoXo
Kynslee

No comments:

Post a Comment